Frequently Asked Questions

Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, Fort Sill is a pet-friendly installation. There is a $200 refundable pet deposit per pet and a two pet limit per household. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to restricted breeds to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers and Wolf hybrids are prohibited from Fort Sill family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing Office can provide you with a copy of this policy.

Do the homes come equip with fencing?

At Fort Sill you may rent a fence for a vendor or install your own fence following the fencing guidelines the Leasing Office can provide. For more information please contact the Leasing Office.

Will we be responsible for utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require families to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. This program is not currently active at a Corvias at Fort Sill. Utilities included are Gas, Electric, Water, Sewer, Trash.

What amenities are included with the home?

​Fort Sill  Homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and Garbage disposal. the Homes also feature full size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, quarterly pest control and weekly trash and recycling collection.

Are homes furnished?

​No, Fort Sill homes are not furnished.

How do I request home modifications or accessibility features to accommodate a family member with a medical condition?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries should be directed to the Leasing Office. Once you have completed the application, we will work with you on an individual basis to meet your needs.

What do you do for families who have special needs?

If you or a family member has special needs or need additional accommodations, please contact the Leasing Office. Each family's needs will be considered individually.

Does Corvias take care of home maintenance?

​Yes. Corvias provides 24-hour-a-day, seven day-a-week maintenance on all homes. We are dedicated to providing great customer service to you and your family. When you submit a service request, one of our professional maintenance technicians will respond, including for emergencies that occur after hours. We have an established track record for exceeding military family's expectations.

Is there a self-help store?

​Yes, there is a self-help locationon Fort Sill is 5446 Greble Rd . However, we want to take care of all of your maintenance needs for you. Corvias is dedicated to providing great customer service to you and your family and provides 24-hour, seven-day-a-week emergency maintenance on all homes. All you have to do is submit a service request and one of our professional maintenance technicians will respond, including emergencies that occur after hours. We have an established track record for meeting and exceeding the expectations of military families.

Is pest control provided?

​Yes, pest control is included. Please contact the maintenance team at 1-844-947-4412 to schedule an appointment.

Does Corvias provide lawn care?

​Yes. All lawn care and landscaping will be provided for homes and common areas. We also have a 'no mow' program for individuals who want to maintain their yards themselves. Please contact the management team at your Community Office there for more information.

Do military members have to pay for trash service?

​No. Trash is included in the rent amount. Trash service on FT Sill standard schedule is regular trash on Tuesdays and Bulk trash ie every Tuesday out to curb before 6 am blue can. Recycling pick up is Thursdays to curb by 6 am green can. 

Will Corvias meter all utilities?

The utilities that will be covered : Gas, Electric, Water

I currently provide, or would like to provide, child care in my home. Who do I contact?

​Yes. You may contact your Community Office for the necessary forms.

Am I allowed to have friends or relatives live in my home?

​Guests are permitted to visit and stay in the home for up to 30 consecutive days in a 12-month period. Guests residing in the home more than 30 days must be approved and registered as a Bona Fide Guest by the Community Manager. Only the authorized occupants of the home as stated on the Residential Occupancy Agreement are permitted to live in the home, with the exception of approved Bona Fide Guests of the home.

Can I hang pictures or paint the rooms?

​Yes, we encourage you to make the house feel like your home. Residents are allowed to hang pictures and other wall hangings. Painting the walls is allowed with prior approval; however, you will be responsible to paint the walls with enough primer to cover the color prior to moving out of the home.

Are pools, swing sets, or trampolines allowed in the yard?

​Swing sets, other children's recreational equipment and trampolines are allowed in your backyard. Trampolines must be staked into the ground, have a safety net and residents must receive written permission from the Community Office prior to any equipment being installed. Any portable play equipment should be stored at the rear of the home when not in use.

Wading pools that are 12 inches or less in height and no more than 10 feet wide may be used in the back of the home. Pools should be dumped every evening and stored at the rear of the home.

Are BBQ grills or fire pits allowed?

​Barbecue grills and self-contained fire pits are allowed in residential areas. Such items should be monitored while in use, be at least 25 feet from any structure and may not be used under carports, patios or in enclosed areas. When not in use (and cooled) barbecue grills and fire pits should be stored in an area not visible from the front of the home.

Does Corvias provide air filters?

Yes, replacement filters are available free of charge from the self help building and should be changed monthly. If you prefer to have your filter changed for you, please call your maintenance team 1-844-947-4412 to arrange for a maintenance technician to visit your home.

Do I have reserved parking? Where can I store my boat?

Except where specifically designated, parking for residents on common roadways, parking areas or parking lots is not reserved. Parking in driveways, under carports or garages is specific to the residents/guests of the home. Recreational vehicles may be parked in garages as long as the garage door can be completely closed. Recreational vehicles such as campers, boats, trailers, etc. may not be permanently parked, left overnight, stored on the streets, stored outside of a garage or under a carport, in driveways, yards or parking lots in any housing area. Please contact Community center and ask about the boat trailer and RV reserved parking for residents. 

Is there a recycling program?

​Yes. Corvias residents have the opportunity to recycle household items with a convenient, curbside recycling program. Please have Green can to the curb before 6am on Thursday mornings.

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

​At Fort Sill you are eligible for family housing if you are active duty and assigned to the installation. Once the application is received you will be placed on the waitlist based on your rank and number of dependents. We do not require all documents to be turned in to apply but they must be turned in  prior to move in date.

When can I apply for housing?

​At Fort Sill service members can apply for housing as soon as they are notified of their housing assignment. Official orders are not required to apply and be placed on a housing list; however, official orders and other required documents must be submitted to us before you can accept a home.

How do I submit an online application?

You can apply for housing by going to our website  Once on the site the you will be prompted to create a profile under the applicant screen. Through the applicant screen the service members information will need to be entered. Once the application is submitted it will come to the leasing office as a new applicant. A Leasing Consultant will reach out to confirm the application and wait list placement.

Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

​Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. No Power of Attorney is required unless the service member will not be present during the lease signing.

I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-base housing. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the with the dependent rate. The service member assigned to the installation must have the dependents listed on the DD 1172 form. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

How much will I pay to live on base?

​Under the privatization program, rent is equal to your BAH and BAH is based on rank.

Do military members have to pay a security deposit?

​No security deposit is required.

Do I need to obtain renters insurance?

​Please contact the Corvias Community Office for current information about Renter’s Insurance coverage and requirements.

I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-base housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

​Once contacted, you have 24 hours to respond to the leasing Office before we offer that home to the next service member on the waitlist. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

If we are in a lease and retire prior to the end of the lease will we have to stay in housing?

​No. The lease allows for termination in the event of PCS orders, ETS or retirement. If you retire prior to the end of your lease, please contact a member your Community Office.

What type of documentation is needed to apply?

No special documentation is needed to apply however, before taking possession of a home we will need the following: PCS orders, copy of most recent Leave & Earnings Statement, DEERS form and DA 31 (if just arriving to Fort Sill - block 14 signed and dated showing signed out of losing duty station) . You can find your DEERS on Mil Connect account under My Family, My DEERS.

Explain Rent Allotment

​The rent allotment is an automatic draft from your pay that will equal the your BAH entitlement for your rank for the period of time you reside in family housing. The allotment will reflect any BAH increases or decreases you incur.

How long will my application remain active once submitted?

Incomplete applications can be accepted and held for a maximum of 30 days. Incomplete applications will be archived after three attempts.

I am dual military. Are there any special instructions I should be aware of?

​Dual military families are eligible for on-post housing. If both service members are stationed at Fort Sill, the senior ranking service member should complete the application. Once assigned to a home, the lease will be placed in the senior ranking service member’s name. Upon move in we will pull the with dependent rate from the senior ranking service member.

Will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application has been received and approved by our Leasing Center, you will be placed on the appropriate housing waitlist. Submitting an application does not guarantee that a home will be available when you arrive. Housing availability is dependent on many factors including the number of families leaving and incoming to Fort Sill, the total inventory of homes that meet your rank band and bedroom needs. We recommend checking in with your Leasing Consultant thirty days prior to your arrival for an estimated wait time if you have not been assigned a home yet.

How is rent determined and how will I pay it?

​The amount of rent for a home is based on the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) as established by Army guidelines. Your rent will be paid automatically on the first of each month through an allotment to housing which is established by signing the Resident Occupancy Agreement. Rent is collected in arrears, meaning it is paid on the 1st of the month for the previous months’ rent. For example, the allotment we receive on October 1st is applied to September’s rent.

I am a single service member expecting a child, am I elible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members expecting a child.  Once the application is received the service member will be eligible for housing at 28 weeks. We will also require the expecting service member to submit a statement of pregnancy from the physician.

How much credit will I get if I'm coming from a dependent restricted tour?

​Yes, up to 14 months but have to apply within 30 days upon arrival to Fort Sill. Along with the application you must provide the orders showing it was a dependent restricted tour.

Who determines Key & Essential positions for housing?

Fort Sill Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

What type of dependent documentation is needed house my family?

​Army - DD 1172, Navy - Page 2, Air Force - Orders or DD1172, Marine Corp - DD1751, Coast Guard - CG4170 ---SILL----Army - DD 1172, Navy - Page 2, Air Force - Orders or DD1172, Marine Corp - DD1751, Coast Guard - CG4170

Why do I need to submit a DA31 Form?

​The DA31 Form (or its equivalent for non-Army branches of service) must be provided as confirmation that the incoming service member has completely cleared his/her last duty station. Clearing confirmation is required in order to sign a Corvias Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home. This requirement is not applicable to service members who have been signed into Fort Sill for more than 30 days.

Can you tell me more about the lease agreement?

Each Active Duty Service Member living in family housing is required to sign a lease. The lease is valid for 12 months and thereafter, renews on a month-to-month basis unless PCS, ETS or retirement orders require earlier termination. A Special Power of Attorney must be provided by the spouse if a service member is not available to sign the lease agreement. The Special Power of Attorney must contain specific verbatim as follows: "To accept or terminate on post housing assigned to me or my family members at FORT SILL, OKLAHOMA; to sign for me and take possession of such post housing in my name; and sign for and take possession of any furniture, appliances, and equipment that may be authorized for use in or with such on post housing as I may be assigned; to execute all necessary documents, instruments or papers and perform all acts necessary to carry out the foregoing, to include signing the Fort Sill Residential Occupancy Agreement.
To establish, change or discontinue an allotment equal to my basic allowance for housing as the rental cost of on post housing assigned to me or my family members at FORT SILL, OKLAHOMA; to execute all necessary documents, instruments or papers and perform all acts necessary to carry out the foregoing". Please contact the Community Office for details if the service member is not available to sign. The lease agreement, is also accompanied by a Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG) that outlines policies, responsibilities and expectations when living on-base.

When will I have to sign the lease agreement?

​The lease agreement will be signed when the incoming service member accepts the home at the day of the move in appointment. 

I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

​The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member and both service members will have to sign the lease.

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

​Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, and accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to sign the lease document on your behalf and start/stop your allotment for housing. Please contact the Leasing Office for additional questions. 

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

​The move will be a government transportation move.

I've lived off base for a year now, and want to apply for on-base housing. Who will pay for my move?

​The government pays for one move when assigned to the installation. Any subsequent moves are the resident's responsibility.

Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary on-base move?

​The service member will be responsible for the voluntary move.

What determines the list I am placed on?

Your rank and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed.

For on-base housing purposes: The ranks E1 to E5 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E6 to E8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E9 receives independent rank classification for housing. Officers, O1 to O3, and WO1 to CW2 are Company Grade Officers (CGO). Office ranking O4 and CW3 to CW4 are Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officer ranks, O5 to O10, as well as CW4 to CW5 are considered Senior Grade Officers (SGO).

What type of documentation is needed to be placed on the waitlist?

Visit our website,, select the "Apply Now" link to start your application for placement on the housing waitlist. Required documents to be turned in prior to move in are the service member's PCS orders to Fort Sill, copy of most recent DD1172 (DEERS Enrollment) if family members are not listed on PCS orders, confirmation of clearing present duty station (DA31 or other services' equivalent form), copy of most current end of month LES, and the current Power of Attorney (if applicable, please contact the Leasing Office for details). If the application indicates pets, photos of each pet in addition to current shot records will be required as well.

What will my wait time be?

​Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change; however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing Office for updates.

I will be relocating in 8 months?

​Wait times vary and are subject to change at any time. Please visit our website for more information about housing options and check with the Leasing Office for updates as you approach your PCS date.

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

​Once your application has been received and approved by the Leasing Office, you will be placed on the appropriate waitlist. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

Is there a waitlist on newly constructed homes?

​At this time, Corvias does not have a waitlist specifically for newly constructed housing. 

I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the waitlist?

​EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on housing waitlists. If you or a family member has special needs or need additional accommodations, please contact the Leasing Office.

How can I check my current position on the waitlist?

​Please contact the Leasing Office for updates.

What happens if I decline a home?

​We want to help you find a home that meets your needs. If you decline the first home offer, your position on the waitlist will not change. After a second decline, your eligibility date will change which will cause your position to move. After a third decline, you will be removed from the waitlist.

Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

​Temporary lodging is available through each base, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-base housing.

May I request placement on more than one waitlist at one time?

​You may only occupy one wait list at a time.

If I get an off-post lease, can I stay on the list?

​Yes. You can inform our Leasing team of the date your lease expires. We will note the date in your file as your availability date. Pending availability of homes, we will contact you with a home offer as soon as availability allows.

Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

​Your rank and the number of dependents will determine the number of bedrooms your family qualifies for as well as the housing areas you may be placed.

Can I get priority placement on the housing list?

​Your initial position on the housing list is determined by the date you submit your application. Deployment or returning from a non-restricted overseas tour does not give you priority placement or affect your position on the housing list.

Why does my position keep going up on the housing list?

​Fluctuation, up and down, of your housing list position is common. In fact, your position may change several times prior to your arrival. 

What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

​If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date of rank is the same, date of entry into service will be used.